This easy chocolate chip pumpkin bread just has to be the best pumpkin bread recipe I know. Who wouldn’t want chocolate in just about everything!?
Making the mixture for this recipe takes no time at all, and including baking time, you’ll have fluffy chocolatey goodness in an hour and a half or less.
The pumpkin provides healthy vitamins and fiber and is a great way of sneaking in some chocolate into your diet.
Skipping the brownies was never so easy!
Enjoy it for breakfast with a glass of milk or as a dessert, or save it in the freezer for a treat down the line!
Here are more pumpkin dessert recipes you can try.
- 15 oz pumpkin puree, one standard can
- 4 medium eggs
- 3 1/3 cups plain flour
- 2/3 cup water
- 3 cups sugar, granulated
- 2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 4 tsp pumpkin pie spice
- 2/3 cup canola oil
- 2 cups semisweet chocolate chips, about 12 oz.
- 1 cup almond slices, toasted
- 1 tsp salt
- Combine all dry ingredients in a large mixing bowl.
- In another bowl, whisk the pumpkin, eggs, oil, and water together.
- Moisten the dry ingredients by slowly pouring the dry ingredient mix into the wet ingredients, stirring slowly.
- Mix in the almonds and chocolate chips.
- Grease two nine inch by five inch loaf pans and pour equal amounts of bread mix into each pan.
- Bake at 350°F for about 70 minutes. You can use the toothpick test to determine when it is ready.
- After taking the breads from the oven, wait about ten minutes for the breads to cool before attempting to remove them from the pans.
Wasn’t that easy?!
You can store the loaves by wrapping them in cling wrap and leaving them in the freezer for up to three months without losing moisture or flavor.
When you’re ready to enjoy them again, just leave them out to thaw on the counter for a few hours, remove the cellophane wrap, and maybe pop the slices in the microwave for a bit to get them nice and warm.
These usually don’t last long enough to see the freezer in my household though!
Ingredients for this recipe
Don’t have all the ingredients to make this recipe? Here are some not everyone keeps in their pantry.